пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

culminating projects




Itapos;s fascinating how many articles there are about alternative energy and about the fact that oil resources are finite and so on. Itapos;s almost like reading a current newspaper.

Itapos;s also disheartening, because it shows that by and large, society did not change course, despite the nasty shock of the oil crisis, and despite the fact that plenty of people back then pointed out that even though *that* oil crisis was not due to depleted resources, the day *would* come, fairly soon, when resources would be depleted, and that we should plan ahead for that.

(Climate change was not a topic for newspapers back then, although it was already being investigated in the sciences to some degree; but even without that, the finiteness of certain resources should be enough of a reason for any *sane* civilisation to not base its entire industry on those resources... Not to mention that itapos;s clearly a really bad idea to just *burn* a finite resource for fuel that is also used to produce a lot of *actually* vital things, from fertilisers to medical plastics... Even if the burning did not produce gases that heated up the atmosphere, it would still be a pretty daft thing to do. Is a pretty daft thing to do.)

*

I should perhaps have mentioned, yesterday, that I went to see my advisor, and she convinced me to keep trying to write my current thesis. She says I should get a two-month extension if necessary, and could still try to get the exams following that postponed, under certain circumstances.

*

Oh, and I should also add (for fairnessapos; sake) that the mouse was not caught by me; the personal pronoun left out in the previous entry was apos;weapos;. apos;Weapos; being me and my roommate, with me shouting apos;get a bucket or somethingapos;, and her grabbing the bowl standing on the table and throwing it. *g*

*

Got "Fiendish" and "The Great Leap" by Phideaux today. Why those two? The choice is somewhat random, I have to admit. Eventually Iapos;m probably going to buy all of Phideauxapos;s albums; I initially wanted to start with "Fiendish" and "313", but the latter was sold out.

bpm demo dj studio, culminating projects, culminating task, culminating tasks, culminating with.



Комментариев нет: